Is it better to have Riley, castrated?

Friday 17 July 2009

Riley

I got my very own Chihuahua puppy on 4th Saturday 2009 after years of begging my Dad.
I was on a camping trip with friends but decided to come home early because the campsite & facilities were terrible! I'm so glad I did because the night i came back my Dad told me about an advertisement in the newspaper for 5 Chi pups for sale. I was so excited and got the number straight away. As the number dialed and i waited for an answer i had butterflies in my stomach! The woman who answered was called Dannii and she had all 5 left still and we arranged to go around and see the little ones the next day. I was extatic! And i ran back into the living room to tell Dad the good news! He looked a little shocked & i later found out that he was sure that they would all be gone by now. what a harsh thing lol. Anyway, the big day arrived and i was smiling non stop, the only bad thing about it was that i had to wait until about 5 o clock in the evening to go and pick my baby up. We had to go to perranporth to shop before i could go and get him so i got a couple feeding bowls and a couple toys for preparation. Because i had never seen a real life chihuahua puppy with my own eyes before i didn't know what to expect, i mean, i knew they would be teeny & cute but other than that i was clueless. On the way to the breeders house we got lost! I had to phone her up a couple times so we arrived a bit late. Eventually, we pulled up outside her house and i eagerly got out of the car and waited for Dad to heave himself out the drivers seat. Dannii then appeared out of nowhere and waved, i smiled back and to my shock she went into her horsebox and left us just standing there. I was a bit baffled. After 30 seconds she reappeared with a cat box and inside were the 5 little boys all peering out the door at us and squeaking. I loved them instantly and knew i would be leaving with my own Chihuahua that day! So, when we were all sat down on her living room floor she let the pups loose and they went crazy. Full of beans! They all were playfighting and coming up to us for kisses. I had to choose a puppy then, and it took me a while. They were all so gorgeous and i wanted to take them all. 4 boys were white and gingery in colour, shortcoats. And 1 little guy, the smallest was brown, with black ears and a black face. He was longcoated. In the end i chose him because he was the smallest and fluffiest, also he seemed to be being bullied by his brothers. I gave Dannii the money and thanked her and off we went home with my new baby safely in my arms. He cried on the way home and was shaking with fright because of the car journey and stuff but settled down when we got him home. :)

Photobucket

He always has a lot of attention from everyone at home and is always discovering new things to sniff and play with. Update soon. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's such a great story of how Riley came to be a part of your family!

    Chihuahua kisses,
    Tiffany & the Munchkins

    ReplyDelete